Wednesday, July 23, 2008

retraction and apology

Readers, I've removed the last two posts from Kairos Calling because I didn't want to jeopardize and/or malign the character of an esteemed mentor and friend.

On one hand, the contents of the deleted posts are important topics in relation to the purpose of this blog as a forum for the ongoings of writers and the writing process. Group feedback and group dynamics play a role in both craft and process. So do emotions.

I think every writer, at one time or another, has been told that their writing is no good, and everyone has felt the sting of such a statement. Those have lingering effects. My intent was to transcend the negative and find the good that surfaced. But in hindsight, I think more harm than good was done.

And so, to my writer's group, I sincerely apologize for making a private matter public. And to my readers, I hope you'll stay with me. We still have a lot to talk about.

Namaste.

No comments: