Wednesday, July 2, 2008

feelin' the love

Last I checked, my You Tube video got 75 hits--of course, 70 of those were from me... Just kidding, although I had a hard time trying to figure out how the embedding worked, and I *still* can't get it on my own website.

I sent the link to at least 50 people, posted it on my Facebook page (yes, I caved and got a Facebook page), and Stacey has linked it on the Write 2 Publish site. That's pretty cool. Also nice is how many responded to tell me how much they liked it, and asked when/where the book was going to be published. It makes me feel a little better about going through w/ self-publishing, namely print-on-demand. There's a demand!

I felt very validated, especially by those friends and family who told me how proud they were of me, how far I've come, how I'm "on my way" in terms of my writing career. I even got compliments on my glasses! And if you've known me for longer than these last eight years, you'd know that I *have* come a long way. And things are moving forward for sure. It's both exciting and scary. But it's good. But it excited me into another writers block the past two days. I think I'll come out of it today, though. I'm getting together w/ friends at Caribou for "communal writing", and I'm making plans to get together w/ someone else and share the nonfiction book w/ her -- that motivates me to want to work on that.

Anyhoo, today's gratitude list includes Google, YouTube, Stacey, all my friends and family (and those I don't know) who viewed it, and my laptop/internet. In other words, thanks, technology!

No comments: