Tuesday, July 29, 2008

the lazy days

It's hard to follow on the last post, especially since the momentum was so high. I've been draggin' my heels ever since, mostly due to a lack of sleep and a visitor in town. I've got a lot on my mind and a lot to do in the next three weeks, and once again I'm procrastinating. But I'm thinking about it all, which for me is part of the process, I suppose. So I say.

That I've stopped exercising hasn't helped. My energy is nil.

I've got any number of options: work on cover art; work on course planning; work on the manuscript; read; update my neglected website, etc.
What do I feel like doing? Going back to bed and just laying there, headphones on, listening to a book on tape until I fall asleep. Maybe a little bit of journaling.

I need to get moving.

2 comments:

MitMoi said...

One of my writing critique groups is getting together for a social hour (or two) next Tuesday. We do pot luck - then talk (rant, rave, bitch) about writing. This time we're going to try the open mic thing - as a way to prod ourselves towards production.

Would you like to escape and join us?? 8/5 at 6ish. Let me know.

Elisa said...

Sounds great -- would love to! (would love to get together for coffee, too, when things are less hectic for you...) :)