Wednesday, June 25, 2008

going lulu (crazy, that is...)

I'm learning an awful lot from this print-on-demand self-publishing thing, and making some mistakes along the way. Formatting alone is nutty. And I could've saved myself some pages (and pennies) if I'd been a little more patient. I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'm not doing it for the money, although a part of me wonders why the hell not. At them moment I'm trying to get a cover designed. I've recruited my niece to help me, since she's pretty much a whiz in photoshop, but coming up w/ the photo is a bit more problematic.

As for the manuscript(s), I wonder if I should give it one more go w/ the agents, because dammit, I love these two books; but protocol stops me. That is to say, not knowing the protocol well enough. I've found no answer to the question of querying a novel and its sequel, or re-querying the same novel, albeit new and improved, as they say. The last thing I want to do is get a reputation for either being an inexperienced, unprofessional writer from a business point of view or -- worse still -- an obnoxious one.

So, I have no idea what to do.

God, I love being a writer. I just wish the business of it came a little easier to me.

No comments: