Sunday, November 30, 2008

dream team

This may be my last post for a couple of weeks -- I'm collecting 50+ papers on Tuesday, each an average of 6 pages, and then on Friday I'm collecting 50+ portfolios. I need to read and grade all of this in approximately a week to nine days.

Oy vey.

Maybe I'll try to scrounge up a guest blogger.

In the meantime, I'll leave you w/ this: if you could have a dream team of trusted counselors, living or dead, real or imagined, who would be on your council? In what capacity would you seek their services?
On my short list (and in no particular order):
  • Fred Rogers
  • Jim Henson
  • Jed Bartlet
  • Nora Ephron
  • Jerry and Esther Hicks/Abraham
  • Aaron Sorkin
  • my Aunt Louise
  • my grandfather on my mother's side
  • MEB
  • John Taylor

I have more, but I'll not bore you. Some of these are creative consultants. Some of them nurture the inner child. Some of them just have plain good energy. Some are practical.

Why not tap into such energy? As writers, are we not seeking inspiration in any form? Why not ask them to guide us, give us ideas, introduce us to people we need to know? Consider it.

No comments: